Know your way around Club Penguin? Are you friendly and helpful? Well then, the Tour Guide job is for you! Being a Tour Guide is a really fun job! You get to show newcomers around the island. To apply, go to the Tour Booth in the Ski Village and take the quiz. You must be at least 45 days old, have a great attitude and want to help others.
Penguins wishing to become a Tour Guide must visit the Tour Booth.
The Tour Booth is located in Ski Village. If your penguin meets the 45 day old requirement, clicking on the Tour Booth will begin an 8 question quiz which will assess your suitability for the role of a Tour Guide.
Penguins interested in becoming a Tour Guide must take a 8 question quiz on Club Penguin and it's various landmarks. There are currently 15 possible questions that you may be asked. The selected questions on the quiz appear in a random order. If you answer at least 7 out of the 8 questions correctly, you will be awarded a Tour Guide Manual and Tour Guide Hat. You can start creating your own tour routes whenever you're ready! If you do not answer enough questions correctly, don't worry, you can retake the quiz until you pass.
Players who do not answer enough questions correctly will receive the following message:
If you do answer enough questions correctly, a congratulatory message will appear:
|What color of puffle can catch on fire?||Black|
|Which room has a cuckoo clock?||Ski Lodge|
|What day does the newspaper come out?||Thursday|
|What is the name of Captain Rockhopper's ship?||The Migrator|
|How does the pink puffle play?||Skips with a skiping rope|
|Which of these games has a shark in it?||Jetpack Adventure|
|Which of these rooms does NOT have a game in it?||Beach|
|What item is thrown out of the truck in Level 4 of Bean Counters?||A flower pot|
|How many Sled Racing tracks are there?||4|
|Which of these rooms doesn't have music playing in the background?||Pet Shop|
|What is the name of the big fish in Ice Fishing?||Mullet|
|In what room can you find old copies of the Penguin Times?||Boiler Room|
|What item is always hidden in a different place in the clothing catalog every month?||The Viking helmet|
|How do you get a pin?||Walk on top of it|
|How many coins does it cost to buy a player card background?||60|
Tour Guide Items
|Tour Guide Hat||Free||The Plaza then
|26 January 2007||present||Free when you apply for and become a Tour Guide|
Tour guides are also given access to the How To Be A Great Tour Guide book.
All Tour Guides, regardless of if they have led a tour, receive a monthly postcard along with 250 coins to thank them for their hard work.
Once you have become a Tour Guide, in order to give a Tour, you need to wear your Tour Guide Hat. Be sure to read How To Be A Great Tour Guide which can be accessed by clicking the Tour Booth once you have passed the Tour Guide Quiz.
Plan out your tour route and try going to a popular district to get more customers.
Official Club Penguin Tour Instructions
Starting A Tour
1. Put on your Tour Guide Hat, which is your official uniform as a guide.
2. Go to the Ski Village.
3. While in the Village, have your penguin wave. Your penguin will hold up a TOURS HERE sign.
It there are penguins around who want a tour, they will come over to you. Three to six penguins is a good group size.
Going On Your Tour
1. Welcome everyone in your tour group, perhaps by sending them a postcard.
2. Visit lots of rooms describing different things about those rooms as you go. Stay in each room for a little while, answering any questions that your tour group may have.
3. When you decide to finish the tour, thank everyone for joining you. Remind them to ask others for help if they need it.
Not sure what to say on your tour? No problem! Click on your Safe Chat menu, click Activities, then click Give A Tour. You will say a few pre-written sentences about the room you are in.
There are also other good Safe Chat menu phrases, like "Follow me" and "Where do you want to go?". Feel free to use these to make yours easier.
Tips on Giving a Good Tour
1. Creating a good route is very important. Visit the most popular areas that lead into multiple rooms. Include the Town, The Beach, and The Plaza.
2. It's a good idea not to use your map while you're going on a tour. If you waddle from place to place, it will make it easier for your tour group to keep up.
3. Be friendly! A big part of your job is making newcomers feel welcome.
Thank you for all of your help!