Test Server Information
Disney Toontown Online maintains a test server for testing content before taking it to the public servers. In most ways, this environment is just like what everyone else plays. It has 2 full districts and one like "Welcome Valley" which is only Toontown Central. Toontown development tests new things like Cattlelog items, new features, and HQ's here to work out bugs they missed in development.
From time to time Disney accepts new test accounts for these servers. As a tester, you have a responsibility to report bugs, glitches, disconnects, and other problems experienced while playing to Disney by submitting a bug report (yes, even the "fun" bugs must be reported). After all, that's what you're there for....to help Disney fix potential problems before they are released.
Now before you jump up & say "I want to see all the cool stuff that's coming out! Where do I sign up?" keep in mind a couple of things:
1) Disney generally only accepts new test Toons when they are preparing for significant new content. You can sign up to be a tester at any time, but you will be put on a waiting list basically until they need new test Toons. Sometimes, depending on when they need testers, it could be a short wait, it could be as long as a 6 month wait to get in. You have to be patient. When they need testers, they'll tell us. Sometimes, if you subscribe to the Toontown Times, it'll say that they're looking for testers. (To subscribe to the Toontown Times, look in your E-mail Preferences under: E-Mail Newsletter -- Toontown’s monthly e-mail update. All the latest news on the greatest game in the Tooniverse!)
2) How many districts are there? As noted earlier, there are 2 districts plus one like Welcome Valley. That means if there are NO buildings that you need to work tasks, you must simply wait for one to drop. This means a LOT of waiting sometimes.
3) When there is nothing new on Test, there will be very few Toons online to help you. So you're going to do a lot of solo-ing to complete your tasks during down times. This isn't overly difficult at lower levels, but when you reach The Brrrgh! or so it becomes VERY DIFFICULT.
4) Do I get to use an old Toon from open? You don't get a maxed Toon or one of your Ttoons from your other account. You have to start with a 15 Laffer & make a brand new Toon. This means that you have to level up, often by yourself. Once you are on Test, it is your responsibility to develop your Test Toon's Laff and gags so that you will be ready and able to test the new playgrounds and Headquarters when they come out. While some of the new features previewed on Test are available to all Toons of all gag and Laff levels, other features will only be available to Toons who have reached a certain level ON THEIR TEST TOON.
5) What does a tester do? Your job as a tester is to report bugs, glitches, disconnects, and other problems you're having while playing on Test. If you don't want them to fix bugs, then you're not really doing your job as a tester. If all you're doing is checking out the new material, then you're not doing your job, either.
6) I received a confirmation e-mail that I'm a tester, now what? If you get a confirmation letter in your e-mail saying you were accepted, you will get a different username & password from what you use on Open server. You will create a new Toon and start developing it.
7) Keep in mind that for any reason, Toontown can do a player wipe & delete your Toon on Test.
8) Do I have to pay for a test account? Your Test account is free to those who have a Toontown account. That means you have to pay for Toontown to be able to Test. If you aren't paying for Toontown, then you can't be a tester.
If you still want to be a tester, go to http://play.toontown.com/signUpForTest.php and sign up. Then you must wait until Disney, accepts or denies your application. Again, this process can take many months.
NOTE: YOU CANNOT BE A TESTER IF YOU USE A GAME CARD TO PLAY THE GAME. GAME CARDS DO NOT REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE A PARENT PASSWORD AND AS SUCH, THERE IS NO WAY TO VERIFY YOUR PARENT PASSWORD FOR TEST. ALSO, YOU HAVE TO BE AN "OFFICIAL MEMBER OF TOONTOWN", WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A SUBSCRIPTION FOR DISNEY'S TOONTOWN ONLINE IN ORDER FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. AFTER YOUR GAME CARD EXPIRES, YOU WILL BE ASKED IF YOU WANT TO USE A CREDIT CARD TO KEEP THAT ACCOUNT. THEN YOU WILL BE PROMPTED TO MAKE UP A PARENT PASSWORD AND ONLY UNTIL YOU START PAYING USING A CREDIT CARD, CAN YOU BE AN "OFFICIAL MEMBER OF TOONTOWN".
The following is information taken from Disney's request for test Toons: