Talk:The World of Cars Online
Notes for World of Cars Online Wiki Editors
- The Talk:The World of Cars Online page is for discussion about the section as a whole. Use individual talk pages for more specific questions or comments.
- For World of Cars Online specific editing help, visit the Help:Editing The World of Cars Online section.
- When editing, please put an entry into the "summary" so that others know what you contributed.
- Don't forget to preview your work before you save.
- If you ever have questions ASK! Use the Cars Online Forums DOW Wiki Forum.
- Feel free to use our The World of Cars Sandbox for practice or for trying out new ideas.
Basic skeleton has been added, editing can now begin!
We need editors to help make these pages :) Please leave a note here regarding which section(s) you will be working on so that we know what is covered and what is not. It is fine to have more than one editor working on a particular section seeing as the Pre-Beta Test Track game is not that extensive at the moment. Just be sure to open up a line of communication so that nobody is editing over anybody else.
Questions regarding what content to include on the page can either be addressed on the appropriate Talk page or else contact UpInTheAir. Suggestions for additional "The World of Cars" section content should be discussed on this page. Thanks! --UpInTheAir 13:14, 8 October 2008 (PDT)
Hey Up, just wanting to see how you want the FAQ done. Not a big fan when they don't make it copy/paste'able. So, how do you think I should set this up? Thanks. --Brain 14:22, 8 October 2008 (PDT)
I know this is a little early but doesn't the World of Cars Online Sandbox need to be added to the front page?
I believe I could work on getting images of the items in Lightning McQueen's Racing Catalog and get its info adding in also. But first, how should the page be made? I was guessing using a table but I am not really sure. Has a template been made yet? --Tricky 14:25, 8 October 2008 (PDT)
- FAQs, was just planning on transferring over the FAQ/Help from the game. It can't be c/p'd but should probably just be typed up...sorry, lol.
- I'll be putting the finishing touches like the Helpful Editor Links on the main section page when I get the chance. Just wanted to get the rough skeleton out there first.
- Right now we have no templates. If anybody wants me to work on a template for them, please try to figure out what table sections, etc are needed and I'll look into it when I can. FOr the Catalog, many items seem to be locked and many items are already available in the garage. From what I can tell it's mainly a preview of things to come. Might want to start w/ garage or car creation first. Let me know if these areas need templates. For right now we can get the info (item images and description) in and transfer them to templates if needed.
- --UpInTheAir 14:44, 8 October 2008 (PDT)
Just wanted to let anyone checking in one doing this that I'm going to start on the Create a Car section, as well as the other areas. The game is supposed to be out Summer 2009, and it's that time now, need to get this stuff done. ^^ --Jack I 17:37, 26 June 2009 (UTC)