How To Link POTCO Accounts
Ever try to have 2 family members logon to their one paid POTCO account or want 2 people to play on the one paid account? Doesnt work!!! But... theres a way.
Sharing a POTCO paid account (linking accounts)
WARNING: ALL LINKED ACCOUNTS HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THE PAID ACCOUNTS PIRATES :WARNING
Occasionally we have family members posting here regarding how to share one paid account amongst family members, allowing them to play at the same time (instead of taking turns). A family with more than one computer (one for each member) can have more than one family member play consecutively on unlimited pirates, with one paid account (not having to pay additionally per family member). This is done by linking accounts. This "Guide" is to show how to link a "Basic" free player account to an "Unlimited" paid player account allowing the "Basic" account to access the "Unlimited" accounts pirates.
Valid working "Unlimited" paid account (Must be a primary account, and not linked to any other accounts).
Valid working "Basic" free account (actually any other potco account) (cannot be linked to any other accounts).
- Proceed to the Official Pirates of the Carribean Online website.
- Login to website using your Unlimited/Paid pirates account.
- Click on Account Services Menu (on left side)
- Click Manage Account.
- Click "Link An Account" on lower left. (Picture 1, #1)(If "Link An Account" button does not exist the account is NOT a primary account (or is under some form of parental controls).
- Input Login information for the "Basic" account, or account to be linked and click "Login" (Picture 2)
- There should be some acknowledgement, and return you back to the "Manage Account" screen (Picture 1).
- You should now notice the linked account persons name in top left. (Picture 1, #2)
- Logout of account services (or simply close webpage).
- Login to POTCO using either account.
- Use the arrow next to account name (Picture 3, #4) to change to the account you wish, and play the pirates you wish (as long as its not already online).
Running multiple accounts on one PC
Using shared accounts one can of course play more than one pirate on more than one computer, but how might one play two pirates on the same computer?
2 valid "Pirates of the Caribbean Online" accounts.
System capable of running the game twice (in two separate windows)
Turning down video settings/options to thier lowest settings (F7) is recommended to accomodate two copies of the game in the same environment.
- Start up POTCO, and login on the first of the two accounts.
- If not already playing in a "Window", press "F7" and click "Fullscreen" button to change to window mode.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and select "Task Manager", this will activate Windows Task Manager.
- Under Processes tab, locate, and select Launcher1.exe and click on End Process. Click Yes in confirmation window then close the Windows Task Manager window. (Picture 4)
- Leaving original POTCO window open, Start up POTCO again, and login on your second account.
- Arrange the now two POTCO windows on your screen to easily navigate/control both pirates. (Picture 5)
Running multiple accounts on one MAC
- Follow the steps In How To Link POTCO Accounts to set up a linked Basic (free) account on Disney's piratesonline.com
- Open the Pirates Online application. For this guide I will assume you have the Pirates Online launcher in your dock. Sign in using your Unlimited account's ID and password.
- You will need to quit the Pirates Online launcher application, and this process is a bit different on a Mac than it is on a PC. You can do this in one of several ways.
Now, you must restart the launcher. This, again, is a bit different than doing so on a PC. If you try to restart it by simply clicking on the launcher icon in the dock, you will notice that.... nothing happens. The steps to restart the launcher are as follows:
Double click to open it up, you should get a window that says "Terminal - Launcher" and the little Pirates Online launcher box.
You will need to click in that little box to actually get the launcher to start loading
Log in using the account ID and password of your linked (Basic) account
Now you should be set to play both pirates. When the pirate-select screen loads, you should be safe to exit the finder and the "Terminal - Launcher" window, as well as the Terminal icon on your dock (YELLOW below).
In order to access your Unlimited pirates from the linked Basic account, click the arrow in the top left corner, RED below.