Sellbot HQ Guide
From Disneys Online Worlds Guide (Wiki)
Sellbot HQ is one of the four Cog Headquarters.
Sellbot Headquarters is also known as Sellbot HQ, or sometimes SBHQ.
In here, you can find the VP (Vice President) of Cogs and defeat him! Or why not defeat some factory foremen?
To get to Sellbot HQ, go to Daisy's Gardens. Find "Oak Street" and follow towards the end of it. A big opening to Sellbot HQ will lay there. Enter it, you will be in the Sellbot HQ Lobby.
Factories are the first step to defeating the Vice President (VP) of cogs. This will be explained more about later.
Factories contain many sellbot cogs with a medium to high level range of cogs with the levels 4, 5, and 6. The hardest you'll find is the foremen; a level 11 cog you find at the end of the factory. That's where you need to get to him.
To start of, go into the main Sellbot HQ pit, which is shown on the picture on the right. (Click it to enlarge)
Go to the right. You'll see a whole big place of endless cog stuff. Just go straight ahead, avoiding the cog's path, and go into the little tunnel shown in the picture on the right. (Click it to enlarge) Then go into the front factory. (After exiting the tunnel, take a right-up angle until you reach an elevator)
Now, you should be at an elevator. Simply walk into it with three other friends. Your now in a factory!
Again, you need to find the Foreman. Just fight the cogs in the factory, solve all the puzzles in the factory until you reach a foreman, a level 11 Skelecog. A guide through the factory in a more explained matter can be found in the wiki soon.
After defeating the foreman, you get one of ten Sellbot Cog Parts. Collect 10 of these and read the Vice President section. The factories are for dealing with a larger amount of Sellbots you normally do not see in buildings. Also, they help train your gags for more accuracy and power.
Vice President (VP)
Vice Presidents can never run out - Like cogs. They keep coming in the same spot. So you can do the following procedure as many times as you would like. At the end of the battle with the VP, you'll receive a toon card which you can use in any battle by clicking the SOS button and choosing a card. Diffrent toon cards do diffrent things.
Now, you've ran a few factories. If you complete ten of them, you should get 10 Sellbot Cog Parts total. Remember that old map we showed you? If not, here's a copy of it on the right. >>>
Anyways, as we explained, you need 10 Sellbot suit Parts. Retreive these through factories.
After that, you need what we call Merits. Merits can be gained by defeating sellbots. At first, you need only ten. Why do you need them? You need them to show that your 'really' a cog so you can trick the Vice President. The higher the sellbot cog level, the higher the merits you get.
Once you have the above, go up from the entrance of Sellbot Headquarters to some doors (Across the pit). Enter any one of them, they all go to the same place; The VP Lobby. At the end will be a gigantic elevator. Enter it along with seven other people (Or you'll be sorry!) to make a total of eight people in the elevator. So it's a good idea to move to a bigger district with more people in it when VP`ing.
First, you'll see a little "Video" with you walking up towards the VP. The toon will wave down to you and ruin your disguise by saying "Have you come to save me?". The VP will notice you as toons as take off your cog disguises.
Every time you battle the VP, there will be a new toon up in the cage. He or she will give you a toon card if you complete the fight with the VP. Each toon gives you a diffrent toon card, which do diffrent things depending on who gave it to you. You may only use the cards once, unless you get duplicates of the card.
Both sides of the Vice President will start fighting cogs. Four people are on each side if there is eight people, so on. Here's a short list.
- 8 people total = Four people on one side, four people on the other
- 7 people total = Four people on one side, three people on the other
- 6 people total = Three people on one side, three people on the other
- 5 people total = Three people on one side, Two people on the other
- 4 people total = Two people on one side, two people on the other
- 3 people total = Two people on one side, one person on the other
- 2 people total = One person on one side, one person on the other
- 1 person total = One person on their own side.
The sides you're put on are sometimes random, but they usually depend on what time you entered the elevator. For example, if you were the first one on, you would most likely be on the side with the most people.
When all cogs are defeated on one side, they wait for the other side to finish off the remainder of the cogs. Then the VP takes a run for it.
Follow him (But don't run into him!) up the hill. Now you'll see the toon in the cage say some more babble.
Again, you'll be divided into two seperate groups; But this time it's completely random where you go. Just fight some more cogs (Yes, more cogs). Actually, these are skelecogs. They are just like the cogs you just battled, but a little more stronger. You'll see less cogs this battle, though.
After defeating these cogs, the VP will turn as the toon in the cage gets your attention again.
After he or she is done talking, the fun part comes. Jump up into the toon's cage. You'll receive pies!
See that new blue button with a pie on it? Click it; You'll throw a pie! Hold it down longer/shorter to make the blue bar under it go up/down. The more the bar is filled, the more straight it goes. The more the bar is empty, the more nearer it goes. You get unlimited (Well, I for one have never ran out) pies, so don't worry about wasting them.
At this point, you have three things to do. (But, just to let you know, the front of the VP is closest to the toon in the cage. The back is the side facing away from the cage)
1) Confuse the VP. Go to the back (Or front, most people prefer back) of the VP and wait for his cage under him to open. If you don't get hit by the gears, try to throw a pie in it. Boom, he's dazed if someone, including you, gets a pie in there from either side. He'll be dazed for a short while. Repeat this process as he gets undazed. While he's dazed, you can go to the front of the VP and go back to job two; then come back to this job if he's undazed. Or just move to another job. Or, just stand by until he gets undazed again.
2) Fight the VP. While people on the above job are throwing pies into the VP's cage, go to his front side. (This is not an option, you MUST be at his front side) When he gets dazed (Birds fly around his head), throw pies at his body! Be quick when you do this, before he's undazed! When he gets undazed, you can move to the job 1 or 3, or stand by for when he gets dazed again.
3) Toon up others. This job isn't taken often, and because of that, toons go sad. The VP does fight (See below), and you cant use gags to heal others. What can you do? Throw pies! Check toon's Laff points often. If you see them getting low, stand close to them. Throw pies at their bodies. For every pie you throw, they gain a laff point. Usually, toons will say "I need more laff points", "Help!", or "I need a toon-up" if they're in their doom state.
The VP attacks! Watch out for the VP. He attacks in many ways...
* If the VP starts to spin his upper body around: Run away quickly; or take the damage. When he spins, he releases tiny gears that hit your toons head (Ouch!) which take away a few laff points; Nothing too bad. But always something to keep away from. (-3) (?)
* If the VP starts throwing gears: Move out of the way of the gears! Or, try jumping at the correct time to avoid the gears. (-3) (?)
* If the VP starts to jump in the air: Jump when he hits the ground! If you're on the ground when he lands, he will take away a LOT of laff points! (-10)
The VP will start rolling up the hill if he doesn't get dazed soon. He'll get faster and faster when he starts to move; But he won't move very quickly unless you don't do anything with him - So as long you and the group you're in isn't lazy, you don't have to worry about this.
If a toon goes sad, it happens. It's pretty special for a group to lose at least one toon - But a lot of the better toons with more experience prevent it from happening as often.
The objective is to keep dazing the VP, keeping toons healthy, and hitting him with pies. He'll start moving backwards when you hit him with pies. Keep hitting him until he's gone over the edge. When he goes over the edge, you win!
After this, go get a cup of chocolate milk or something. It'll display, just like any other cog battle, what gag experience all eight toons gained, which might take awhile. It will also show if any toons completed any toontasks.
After it showed everyone what everyone gained in gag experience and toontask-wise, it will bring you to the cage with all eight toons surrounding it. The toon will speak to you. Skip through.
You'll be teleported back to the playground (Not the lobby). Open your shticker book. Flip to where it shows what parts of the Cog suit you have and merits. You'll see your now needing more merits than the first time, and you still have some cog parts. If any were lost, go back into the factories and get them. If you still have them, go get the merits and fight him again!
Now take a look at your SOS page (Last page in the book). You should have a new toon card. On top it should say what it does (Restock Trap, Toon up, etc.). Use this in battle by clicking on the SOS button (In battle) on the right hand side, and clicking on the card's button. It will call that toon up, which will do what the words above the toon's head says it does. It affects all toons in the battle. Warning: You can only use each card you get once! Use them wisely! (That is, unless, you get another card of the same type)
And, there you have it. Everything and anything on Sellbot HQ.
(Thanks to the Player's guide for some of the pictures from the Toontown website!)